The Central Government of India has initiated their latest scheme for Muslim Girls in India. This program is named Shadi Shagun Yojana (SSY). This scheme avails benefits to the Muslium Girls of Rupees 51,000 as a Wedding gift from the Central Government, once they are graduated in any stream. This scheme was an enormous gift from Prime Minister, just before Raksha Bandhan, to the Muslim minority girls of the country. The Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi has also named it as Shadi Shagun Yojana, where Rupees 51,000 will be given to minority girl for higher education at the end of the marriage ceremony. This money will be helpful to them for completing their bachelor’s degree.
This Scheme was launched on 17th August 2017. In last few years we have seen that the Modi Government is working diligently for the safety and empowerment of females and girl child. Narendra Modi government has likewise launched many schemes related to the safety and education of a girl child in India. Most of the Girl child in a Muslim Society are deprived of higher education due to their financial instability. Shadi Shagun Yojana for Muslim girl child will positively encourage the girl child and their families to allow them for higher education. This ingenuity is to focus on providing higher education to the Muslim girl, it is also is regarded as marriage omen.
There are many families that marry their girl child at a very young age, for this reason the girl child is unable to complete their higher education. This scheme will help and encourage the girl child in Muslim Society to complete their education and enrich their education development power. The Muslims fall under the minority section. As government thrives to secure rights of minorities and Shadi Shagun Yojana is a step towards securing of the rights, this will also lead to increase in the Minority Education Graph in India. An institute named Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) had proposed this Yojana to the government which was later approved by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Now this Institute has decided to take this step in order to educate and empower a Muslim girl child. Maulana Azad Education Foundation is a fortitude institute of the Union Minority Affairs Ministry with central government will be able to achieve their objective. In addition to this Scheme, the government has furthermore decided to reward a total amount of Rupees 10,000 to the Muslim girls studying in grade IX and grade X. Till date only Muslim girls who were studying in Class XI and Class XII were eligible for this scholarship, which was of Rupees 12,000.
Objective of the Scheme
The main objective of this scheme is to boost higher education for Muslim Girls in India. The condition of the Muslim Girls in the Society is not very good and their educational graph is also stagnant, the situation is not very good. Therefore, this step will encourage education for the girls in Muslim Society and will help in refining their position in the society. This Scheme works to inspire the Muslim girls to have the right to their higher education. All the Muslim girls all across India is targeted under Shadi Shagun Yojana.
Highlights of the Scheme
• The scheme is applicable solitary for Muslim girls.
• A graduate Muslim girl will receive rupees 51,000 from the Government.
• The Muslim girls who have already received MAEF scholarships are also eligible under this scheme.
• A website with all the information regarding this scheme, which has been made available is developed by Maulana Azad Education Foundation.
• The girls who do not complete their graduation will not be eligible for the cash prize under this scheme.
• This scheme will be implemented in all states of India.
The Eligibility of Prime Minister’s Shadi Shagun Yojana
• Degree of graduation passes or qualifies from a recognized university or college is an obligation for this scheme.
• This scheme will especially be for the girls of the Muslim Community, who have completed their graduation and completed their studies
• Merely those Muslim girls who have completed their graduation and have MAEF scholarship will be eligible for this scheme.
• The girls who have not completed their graduation or have left in between, will not receive Rupees 51,000.
• Girls that are availing scholarships from Begum Hazrat Mahal, scholarship funded by Maulana Azad Foundation are also eligible for this scheme.
How to Apply for Shadi Shagun Yojana
The information regarding Shadi Shagun Scheme for Muslim Girls is available on the Maulana Azaz Educational Website. Currently the procedure and submission of the online application has not yet started. The online applications will be soon accepted by the concerned department. According to the sources, Maulana Azaz Educational Foundation (MAEF) is preparing a separate portal in which the Muslim girls or her family will be able to register themselves to avail the benefit of this Yojana.